Classic Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 4 days 3 Nights
The Classic Inca trail is one of the most famous and incredible trekking routes in the world!The Machu Picchu Inca Trail is one of the most impressive examples of the approximately 43 km kilometers of roads built by the Incas some 500 years ago! Inca road roads were built across the deserts, highlands and jungles stretching from south Colombia throughout Peru, Bolivia, northern and central Chile and to the northwest part of Argentina! The Inca Trail Tours starts in a typical Andean region and finishes in a jungle region going through cloud forests, Inca tunnels, bridges and snow on the way.
|Duration:||Â 4 Days|
|Departure point:||Cuzco, Peru|
|Departure time:||Â Â 4:00am|
|Accommodation:||3 nights Camping|
|Type of Trek:||Hiking,Camping, Adventure, history,Culture|
|Elevation:||Â (4,200m â€“Â 13779,53 ft) Â â€“ (2400 m -7874,016 ft) Â Machu Picchu citadel|
|Group Size:||Â Min 02 â€“ Max 14|
|Transportation:||Private vehicle & train.|
- Multi-Day Trip
- Once-in-a-Lifetime spiritual adventure that offers breathtaking
- Book this tour months in advance! Government-issued permits are required, which sell out quickly.
- Guided 4-day trek to Machu Picchu
- Hike the famous Inca Trail
- Pass Inca ruins and cities and catch breathtaking views of the Andean mountain range
- Pre-briefing before to start the trek
Day 1. Inca Trail â€“ Km 82 to Huayllabamba. (Meals: L, D) CampingWe will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco, at 4-4:30am (time to be confirmed at the briefing time) and travel by bus to Piscacucho (which is called kilometer 82) where the trail starts. There will be a breakfast stop in Ollantaytambo (6:30-7am) to load up on energy. Upon arrival at kilometer 82 (8:30am), we will have some time to organize ourselves (use of the restrooms, applying sunscreen, insect repellent, and more) and it will be necessary to show your entrance tickets, passports and (if paying a student rate) the student card at the trailâ€™s first control point. To start the trail (2,720m/8,923 ft), we cross the Vilcanota River and follow its route to the right. The first day is relatively easy (a warm-up along the Inca flat terrain) and will have great views of the site of an Incan Fortress (â€˜Huillca Raacayâ€™), the vast and incredible Incan site of Llactapata (officially called â€˜Patallactaâ€™), the Urubamba mountain range that divides the jungle, the Andes and the beautiful snow-capped peak of â€˜Wakay Willcaâ€™ (5860m/19225ft), known in books as Veronica. Our first campsite (Ayapata) will be an hour and a half up the small village of Wayllabamba (3,000 m/9,842 ft) in the temperate green valley of the same name. Temperatures at night are around 5ÂºC (depending on the month).
Day 2: Inca Trail â€“ Wayllabamba to Pacaymayo. (Meals: B, L, D) Camping.Total distance to be covered on day 2: 16km (8 to 9 hours more or less) After waking up at 5:30am (or 5:00 depending on your guide) and breakfast, we will start a steep ascent towards the highest pass (Abra de WarrmihuaÃ±usca or â€˜Dead Womanâ€™s Passâ€™ at 4,200m-13,779ft). On this day, a real sense of achievement is felt upon reaching the top! After a rest here, we begin the descent to our lunch stop which is located at Pacaymayo (3550m/11,646ft). On the way up to the pass, we will be able to see lots of hummingbirds and other birds. We will have the time to appreciate an incredible variety of native plants and trees such as the Â´PolylepisÂ´ or Qâ€™ueuÃ±a trees which grow in the astonishing cloud forest located at 3650-11,972m!! After lunch, begins the second two hour steep climb to Runkurakay pass (almost 4000 meters), we arrive at our campsite by 5 pm. Temperatures at this campsite are around 4ÂºC during the nights.
Day 3. Inca Trail â€“ Pacaymayo to WiÃ±ay Wayna. (Meals:B, L, D) Camping.Total distance to be covered on day 3: 10 km (5 hours more or less). This is the most impressive day (in our opinion) so just keep thinking of that on the ascent on day 2! We wake up for breakfast at 6am and start the day with a gentle climb to visit the archaeological site of â€˜Phuyupatamarcaâ€™ (meaning â€˜Town in the Cloudsâ€™) and reach the third highest point on the trail (3,680m). The views of the mountains, canyons and surrounding areas are spectacular! The Incan site of â€˜Phuyupatamarcaâ€™, is located a few minutes walk from the third pass and after visiting this, we continue walking (3000 steps) through the cloud forest and the impressive agricultural Incan site of â€˜Intipataâ€™ until we arrive at our third campsite WiÃ±ay Wayna (2680m â€“ 8,792ft). Today, we will only walk about 4 to 5 hours and have arrive to camp by lunchtime! A short distance from this campsite is located the Incan site of the same name â€˜WiÃ±ay Waynaâ€™ (â€˜Forever Youngâ€™). Even if you are tired after your dayâ€™s trek, donâ€™t miss out on visiting the most impressive site on the trail. Temperatures during the night are about 12Âº C.
- Total distance to be covered on day 4: 5 km (2 hours more or less). We leave the last campsite at about 5:30am on the final day (breakfast is around 3:30-4:00am). It is an early start in order to get to â€˜Inti Punkuâ€™ (â€˜Sun gateâ€™) (2730m â€“ 8,792ft) before sunrise. This is the place where you will have your first dramatic view of Machu Picchu (2400m â€“ 7873ft) with the sun rising over it! After some time there, we will walk down the last part of the trail to a spot where you can take the classic picture postcard shot of this ancient city. Finally, we visit Machu Picchu itself! A walking tour (2 hours) is given by your guide and after this you can explore the mysterious city by yourselves.You will meet your guide in Aguas Calientes (it can be reached by bus or on foot) for lunch and be given your train tickets back to Cusco. Train included in all tours is until Ollantaytambo and then by bus to Cusco.If desired, an extra night in Aguas Calientes can be arranged. This option is very popular as it allows more time to explore Machu Picchu. You can also go to the thermal springs in the town â€“ a real treat after finishing the trail!.
|The Package Include:||The Package Does Not Include:|
|Professional bilingual tour guide||Walking sticks & Sleeping bag -15Â° degrees ( you can hire in our office)|
|Assistant tour guide (for groups of 9 or more people).||For the Inca trail â€“ first breakfast, lunch and dinner on the last day are not included|
|Entrance fee to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.||Entrance to Huayna Picchu mountain $. 75 ( inquire availability)|
|Private transportation to trailhead km 82||Gratitude, meals that are not stated otherwise|
|Bus trip from Machu Picchu down to Aguas Calientes town|
|Water we will provide you with drinking previously boiled water.|
|3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 afternoon snacks, 3 dinners|
|Dining tent with tables and chairs. Cook..|
|Comfortable double tent and foam sleeping mattress|
|Porters (they carry cooking and camping equipment) Oxygen bottle|
|First Aid kit.|
Tours & Trekking
- Arequipa City Tour Half Day
- City Tour Lima Half Day
- Cusco Salkantay Trek Tour to Machu Picchu 8 Days
- Cusco, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu 5 Days 4 Nights
- Cusco, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu 6 Days 5 Nights
- Cusco, Sacred Valley, Moray, Machu Picchu 7 Days
- Discover Southern Peru 10 Days 9 Nights
- HUMANTAY LAGOON HIKE 1 DAY FROM CUSCO
- Premium Inca Trail and Sacred Valley 7 Days
- Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu 4 Days 3 Nights
- Tour Lima, Cuzco, Machu Picchu 8 Days 7 Nights
- Cuzco Machu Picchu Tour 3 Days 2 Nights
- Inca Jungle Hike to Machu Picchu 4 Days 3 Nights
- Machu Picchu Express 5 Days 4 Nights
The Classic Inca Trail is one of our most stunning hike to Machu Picchu,...
Esta es la versiÃ³n corta del famoso y sorprendente Camino Inca clÃ¡sico, para aquellos...