Tour Moray and Salt Mines Half Day
The tour of the Salt mines of Maras and the agricultural terraces of Moray is a great compliment. You will be able to see snow-capped mountains, fields and traditional villages. This tour begins and ends in Cusco.
- 8:30 a.m. pick up from your hotel to board the bus.
- Guided tour of the town of Chinchero.
- Guided tour of the salt mines of Maras.
- Guided tour of the agricultural interpretation center in Moray.
- Return to Cusco by bus.
- We will pick you up from your hotel around 8:30 a.m. and head to the farming laboratory in Moray. This beautiful drive is about one hour and 30 minutes. On your drive, you will see the snow-capped peaks of the Andes, lush yellow fields of wheat, and some villages. Finally, you will arrive at the fascinating display of terraces in Moray. Moray boasts three amphitheater-like terraces, made by the Incas. These terraces, which are carved deep into the earth, in the shape of a bowl, were thought to be used to determine the optimal conditions for growing crops. When you are done exploring Moray, you will head about two miles away, to the salt mines of Maras. This village is known as a former salt-producing center and is thought to date back all the way to pre-Incan times. There are over 3,000 salt pools carved into the mountain side, that are filled daily by a stream of water. This spectacular area is perfect for you if you wish to see something different the ruins, this trip ends at 2:40pm in Cusco. Note: Machu Picchu USA suggest to bring small Daypack, sunscream, snack, cash money in soles, camera, personal medication.
|ITS INCLUDED:||NOT INCLUDED:|
|Hotel pickup Cusco downtown||Tourist tickets cost $.25|
|Certified English tour Guide||Gratuities|
Tours & Trekking
- 2-Day Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu by Train
- 2-Day Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu
- 4-Day Tour: Cusco, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
- 5-Day Cusco, Sacred Valley, Rainbow Mountain, Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu by Train 2 Days 1 Night
- Machu Picchu Day Trip From Cuzco
- Tour Valle Sagrado Machu Picchu 4 DÃas 3 Noches
- 1-Day Tour Colca Canyon from Arequipa
- 1-Humantay Lagoon hike from Cusco
- 10-Day Discover Southern Peru
- 4-Day Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu
- 5-Day Cusco, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
- 6-Day Cusco, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
- 6-Day Lima, Cusco, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
- 7-Day Cusco, Sacred Valley, Rainbow Mountain, Machu Picchu
- 7-Day Lima: Cusco, Sacred Valley, Rainbow Mountain, Machu Picchu
- 7-Day Premium Inca Trail and Sacred Valley
- 8-Day Cusco, Salkantay Trekking to Machupicchu
- 8-Day Tour Lima, Cuzco, Rainbow Mountain, Machu Picchu
- Lima City Tour Half-Day
- Inca Jungle Hike to Machu Picchu 4 Days 3 Nights
This is an ideal option for people who want to learn a bit more about CuscoÂ´s beautifu...
The famous tour of the Sacred Valley of the Incas is a great option for peopleâ€¦...
South Valley Tour, Tipon Pikillacta y Andahuaylillas this tour is known for combining b...
Rainbow mountain hike 1 day is an awesome hike in the andes of Peru, be the first to do...
The Machu Picchu Hike along the Huchuy Qosqo route is one of the shortest in Cusco, wit...